9/29/2014

Relining a Louis Vuitton Petit Bucket Myself

I recently bought a Petit Bucket and I love it. I think it is the cutest little bag ever. The size is pretty similar to a speedy 25, but because of the large opening it is a bit less secure. To keep myself from being robbed, I attach my mini pochette (with my wallet inside) to the d-ring. The security issue is my only issue with the bag, right now. At first, as with most of the vintage Petit Buckets, mine came with a nasty sticky and peeling lining. I've asked how much it would cost to get it fixed by LV and the SA told me it would be aroung €125 (or about 170 dollars). Since I got a good deal on the bag, I didn't want to spend that money on it right away because I first wanted to test if I like wearing the bag.
      So in order to prevent myself from spending more money on the bag, I figured I would first reline it myself. I had already tried to clean the bag with nailpolish remover (which was a bad idea because it made the lining come off). I didn't want to try the talcum powder solution because I wouldn't want my stuff to be covered in talcum powder residue. So a new lining it was. I bought myself some cloth at a local store and went ahead with it. You can see the results here:

It came out pretty good to me. I can now use the bag without my hands (and stuff) getting sticky and it looks a lot better too. If I still like the bag as much as I do now a little while later, I think I will get it relined by LV. But as I said, I'm happy for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment