8/19/2014

My Louis Vuitton Sologne Review


This is my beauty

A little while ago, I was paying a visit to the Louis Vuitton website to see if there were any bags I was interested in. And as it turned out, I started having a thing for the Sologne. i really like the proportions of the bag and how classic it looks. To me, this is just one of those bags you can wear to (almost) any occassion and looks great at any age. Apparently however, I am the only one who likes this bag because I couldn't find a single review on the thing. So to fill up this gaping hole on the internet, I decided to write one myself. Just a couple days after finding my new desired LV on the website, I spotted on on eBay at a good price. Fortunately, I won the auction and I now am the proud owner of a vintage Louis Vuitton Sologne. The only downfall on this bag was the missing shoulderstrap, but luckly my mom had a leather strap that matched pretty well. And now, after a visit to the local shoe repair guy, I can wear my bag. The dimensions of the bag are x x and it comes with a longer shoulderstrap to wear it crossbody or as a classic shoulderbag.
The newer model of the Sologne has two packets inside, whereas mine has one zipper pocket (which I prefer). One the back there is a large slit pocket and if you open the flap, there's another slit pocket on the front. This bag has the perfect size to wear for a day out. It can hold my wallet, mini pochette, keys, little make-up pouch and an ipad mini. Of course I can't comment on the strap, beause mine isn't original. But I can say that the bag isn't heavy so it is nice to wear it on your shoulder, even when it's full. It can be a bit of a hassle to get in and out of the bag because of the closure on the front. I noticed that you just have to get used to it. On the upside: this closure is pretty safe. And if you feel that it is not safe enough, you can just clip your mini pochette on the inside of the bag (I use the zipper pull as a d-ring) and put your stuff in there. Of course this only works if you have a vintage Sologne, as the newer ones have the small open pockets. So, here's my verdict: Will I be using this bag a lot? Yes, I think this is a beautiful classic bag that I'll wear to pieces. Can I recommend it to others? Yes, if you can overcome the hassle of the closure you'll have a great bag that looks classy, elegant but still young and casual. A big plus for me is that not a lot of people carry this bag (I have never seen someone with it), so it is a bit of an exlusive bag. I hope I could help some of you that were looking for a Sologne review. And if you have any questions, please let me know!

The inside zipper pocket
The back with a slit pocket

1 comment:

  1. Erg mooie tas! Ik wil 'm stiekem ook graag hebben. Draag je het nog steeds vaak?

    ReplyDelete